In today's ultra-competitive market, it is tough for small to medium-sized businesses to compete. The newest iteration of Office 365 is packed with new features and upgrades that will not only help your business succeed by getting your team onboard faster but will also enhance employee communication and improve workflow and productivity.
This is the second post in a two-part series. Read our first post here: Microsoft Cloud: New Features for Even Better Collaboration (Part 1).
15 Future Microsoft Cloud Features You Should Know About NOW
With so many new features and more coming soon, 2017 promises to be an active year in the Microsoft Cloud. Upgrades and updates from Office 365 are sure to increase your company’s productivity and improve employee communications. Check out this curated list of the 15 features Finchloom thinks you should know about.
- Meeting Migration Service for Skype for Business Online
- Delve Analytics: Weekly Reminders
- Delve People Experiences - Praise
- FastTrack expansion for Microsoft Teams
- Intelligent Discovery for iOS
- OneDrive for Business Shared folder Sync
- Skype Meetings URL
- Outlook for the web
- Auto Attendant in Cloud PBX provide answering service and call routing to end-users in Office 365
- Embed content into One Note for Mac and PC
- External User/Guest access for MS Project Online and Office 365 Planner
- Office 365 reporting for Power Business Insights
- FastTrack onboarding and expansion for Microsoft Teams
- Quick import from Evernote to OneNote for Mac and PC
- Intelligent discovery for mobile platforms (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone)
Office 365 Outlook On The Web Improvements Enhance Employee Communications
Outlook on the web is a web-based information management app inside Office 365. When people hear Outlook they think email, which is only partially correct —except that Outlook on the web is so much more. Outlook on the web offers the familiar email interface and combines valuable features like contact management, calendar creation and sharing, and the time management feature: Outlook Tasks.
New improvements to Office 365's Outlook on the web are focused on enhancing employee communications.
- Attach OneDrive Consumer Files: This feature allows you to access and send files that are stored on Microsoft's OneDrive by attaching the documents to email directly from the Outlook on the web interface. As an administrator, you have full control of your data always. Therefore, you can choose which of your employees have access to your OneDrive cloud storage.
- Conversation Attachment Well: Wouldn't it be helpful to view attachments when in conversations view? Microsoft thought so too. Coming soon, this feature will be accessible from the reading pane. You will be able to see all the attachments within the threaded conversations and view them in a side-by-side pane or download them directly.
- OneDrive Sharing Improvements: In an effort to increase collaboration, Outlook on the web has added two new OneDrive options for sharing. Currently, email attachments are shared by default with "recipients can edit" access which can be limited to "recipients can view" access before sending. With the upcoming changes, you'll also be able to choose from additional access levels —"anyone can edit" or "anyone in my organization can edit."
FastTrack Enhancements and Expansion for Office 365
FastTrack is a Microsoft's customer success service that's designed to help you onboard faster by decreasing the learning curve associated with Microsoft Cloud products. FastTrack provides expansions or enhancements which include best practices, tools and resources you need, and experts who are committed to making your experience a success.
Expansions: Microsoft Teams is one of the most anticipated new employee communication upgrades. FastTrack will help get your team onboard by providing adoption planning assistance. This expansion will include FastTrack activities which will help you plan, learn to drive value with Microsoft Teams product.
Enhancements: Skype for Business Cloud PBX is the newest cloud-based complete business phone system. Look to Microsoft FastTrack for enhanced deployment guidance and planning. This service will be available to those customers who are eligible for FastTrack benefits. These enhancements will provide guidance to your team for faster implementation of the Skype Operations Framework.
The Future for Microsoft Office 365 for Business Is Bright
Microsoft ended 2016 with a bang providing several much anticipated and a few surprise improvements to its Office 365 suite of products. But wait, there's more! 2017 is set to be just as exciting and full of new innovations planned to improve collaboration, increase efficiency, streamline productivity, and take employee communication to the next level.
As a trusted Microsoft Partner Finchloom is positioned to help you implement these and future Office 365 updates. We also provide top-notch cloud services and managed IT support so that you can focus on growing your business. At Finchloom we work with you to meet your unique IT support needs and we are fully managed and supported internally, based 100% in the United States.
Want to learn more about Microsoft Cloud Solutions? Download our free guide to Using Microsoft Cloud to Improve Employee Communications and Collaboration.